View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 05:47 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Crazy_Pilot's 6MT Swap (Lots-O-Pics!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
No issues so far. It's amazing how well built these cars are; 20 years old and the only bolts that are stuck are the tiny ones holding the parking brake cable to sheet metal brackets. All of the bolts for the subframe, rear diff, suspension and everything else come apart like they were assembled yesterday.

The transmission came with one of YT's conversion kits, so I've already got the pedals sitting and ready to go. I may build my own transmission cross member down the road some time just because this one is a little rusty and I'd like to have things looking show-room underneath.
Can you please take pics of these things? I'd like to make a comprehensive m/t swap thread and those would really help. Also the shifter linkages. If you can, I will write it all up, and I'm sure it will help others in the future. Especially as the older members who have the experience become less active.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album