View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Danny,
Nice!! How about some up close pics of the hood, expecially on the inside. How did you mod it? Looks like you've used expanded metal grill material to keep low flying birds from getting into the engine bay
-Bill
Hehe, why not letting the horses go out of it... , no seriously I thought i would put that same metal grill i put on the bumper (lower and sides) and the middle front grill... it looks very aggressive

now i had a problem with the hood i am gonna share with you:
I went to a friend of mine who works with this white material same as concrete used for ceiling decoration... we made a mold with it on my original hood and then i did the fiberglass thing with light aluminum sticks used as chassis for it not the change shape.
I draw the design of that opening on a piece of carton first then posed it on the fiberglass hood. Took accurate measurement for it, draw the same design on it and then used the grinder to cut.
Then i brought SVXRides' ( ) metal grill, cut it the same shape and posed it on the opening i did on the hood. covered it from below with fiberglass.
The result? a 15 lbs hood.
But the mistake i did is that when the paintjob guy did his work, i installed it directly on my car without putting an isolator from below. the result? the hood changed shape from the right (a little bit) and the paint was screwed on the center (also a little bit)
so from 1/6/2005 till now, i am weeping and crying...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.