View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 06:49 AM
94 SVX LSI Teal

Registered SVX
Smile Re: New guy with questions regarding possible ownership of SVX

ok if you are a fan of the original Mazda RX7 you are probably in for a big surprise. Having driven only one RX7 around a block when I was a kid with a 240Z to compare the two cars, I think it's safe to say that the SVX and the RX7 are two completely different cars. The RX7 being a light, nimble little sports car you can toss around and have great fun with. The SVX, as one person said, is a luxury tourer with a sporty feel lots of power on the highway but only decent get up and go from a start. What the SVX offers that is far and away better than most cars, certainly an early RX7, is comfort, safety and a real great ride with enough sportiness that reminds you that you are driving a high-end sports car. To give you an idea, Last year I bought a mint 1981 280zx turbo. I love the car, it's fun to drive, feels faster than the SVX (but really isn't) but it does not compare to the ride of the svx. The 280ZX makes me a little tired to drive for long periods, the SVX is an absolute joy to drive.
Hope that helps.
all stock and likely staying that way for now
1981 Datsun 280zxturbo summer toy