View Single Post
Old 06-12-2001, 08:30 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I disasembled it.

OK. I took out and apart the mirror switch. There is a replaceable bulb inside, but in a different socket than other indicator lights.

Here's the way I did it.

I took three small flat pocket screwdrivers (the kind they give away at various shows and such) and slid one under each grey (or beige) tab on one side of the assembly. Then I gently held the assembly in one hand and gripped the black connector with the other and rocked the connector away from the screwdrivers. That released one side without damage, then I took one screwdriver and released the three remaining tabs one at a time.

When you remove the connector assembly (the black part) have the face (with buttons) down to avoid losing parts all over the place.

Look at the inside of the black assembly and you will see the illuminator resting in a red rubber sleeve. Grab the bulb assembly by the green skin and slide the rubber socket out. remove the bulb by unwrapping the leads and then remove the green condom.

I'm going to walk over to Radio Shack this morning after they open and see which bulb fits.

Assembly is reverse of disassembly.

Enjoy!

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker