View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 AM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
Re: Techy's engine pull progress thread

More work done today. Not as much as I'd hoped, a friend lost her job so I spent a while with her. Friends trump car.

But I got the oil pan put back on, although I think I probably used too much RTV. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

Also removed my bolt from the intake cam gear from last night.

Then it was just putting things back together. Slow going, but I'm making progress. For anyone else doing this, label the hoses. There were a few that I labeled, but most I figured would make sense because of location. Not so much. It's making things take a lot longer.

I couldn't find a plug for the EGR hole in the exhaust manifold, so I finally just cut the pipe and had someone weld it shut.

Oh, and I installed the locking pin in the front passenger half shaft @ the diff. I have had some suspension noise ever since I got the car, and when we got it apart I noticed that that locking pin has been missing since I bought the car So not cool. It was a pain to get in, but hopefully it'll make things better.

Finally, tomorrow my ebay timing belt kit will be here.

Here are today's pictures:

The offending bolt:

Oil pan on:

Intake Manifold

My solution for the EGR line on the intake manifold side

I used high temp silicone to re-attach the little brackets that hold the coil pack wires on.

Starting to come together

My welded and re-installed EGR thing

And finally my new locking pin