Thread: Jae 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 03:52 AM

Re: Jae 2008

Hi Guys

Here is the latest info from the Organisation about JAE 2008.

Hello,

Well by now you should be pretty much set and hopefully more than a little excited about the prospects of JAE for 2008! On Tuesday morning I'm off to site to start getting everything set up so, if you need to contact me please do so via my mobile phone number on 0779 555 1774. But before I go just a few reminders:

To get to the camp you will probably come from the A12.
if you do and you're heading from South of the Thames take the A13 then the A130 then the A12. Having done the trip to M.I. several times this is a much more enjoyable route than the A12 directly.

Try and avoid Colchester Town Centre. The best route is as follows:
from the South/West A12 junction 26. Last exit at roundabout under slip road, keep left at island, second exit (A1124) at next roundabout, At lights turn right to "East Mersea"

If you miss junction 26, go to junction 27 and take the last exit at the roundabout. At the top of the hill go straight across the island and then left at the lights to "East Mersea"

From the North/East. A12 junction 29 onto A1232. Follow this into Colchester until you reach the A133, bear sharp left before the railway (Cowdray Avenue, A133) onto the Colchester Bypass. Stay on the A133 Colchester Bypass until you reach the large roundabout. Straight across, up the hill and at the island at the top straight on. At the top of the hill go straight across the island and then left at the lights to "East Mersea

IF IN DOUBT JUST FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO EAST MERSEA

When you get there you are responsible for marshalling and managing cars on and off your plots so please do so with consideration to others and for people walking around. There is a 5mph speed limit for safety reasons and driving while intoxicated on the site is against the law and something we cannot allow for safety and legal reasons. For this reason you now have allocated camping to help reduce the need to drive. Relax, sit back and enjoy the show rather than drive around

No glass bottles. Sorry but this is because children us the show ground for all sorts of activities and is therefore for their safety and yours. Not only that glass bottles can wreck tyres. Please tell your people to bring cans

There is a wedding on Saturday so for a period in the morning we may have to patrol the entrance and give priority to incoming vehicles for that function. Between 3:30pm and 5pm on Saturday the exit will be closed for the wedding reception people to arrive. If you need to go to the shops please do so beforehand

Mersea Island is a small place and no good for shopping. If you need to stock up please do so in Colchester which is a ten minute drive away and has a much better selection of shops

The causeway may be closed for a limited period. If it is there will be a gate crew at the pub just before the causeway. You can pay here which will speed up your entrance to the event, all while you're having a drink! The tide times are as follows:

Thursday 23:29 (JAE gates will close shortly after anyway)
Friday 11:54
Friday at midnight (JAE gates closed then anyway)
Saturday 12:46
Sunday 01:17 (JAE gates closed anyway)
Sunday 13:31

Weather forecast

Friday - 22'C, 5mph wind, sunny
Saturday - 23'C, 9mph wind, very sunny
Sunday - 24'C, 10mph wind, some cloud

Make sure you register for the Its a Knockout competitions as soon as you get there! You can do this at the Admin Tent which is right near the IKO Arena.

See you all there!

John

Hopefully the weather will be kind and the event will go well.

Phil.