Thread: ABS problems
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 07:12 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362
just thinking if there was a short some where in the abs hardware that is connected to the ignition circuit it could cause a problem. The actual abs control motor is independent of the ignition circuit. Its done that way as a fail safe.
I don't ever take offense to some one actually trying to help
Thanks for the confirmation. It is so easy to appear a "know all" and I hate the idea of this happening. It is very easy to hurt the feelings of others doing their very best for members.

Yes as you point out, the ABS is powered from a permanently activated source and via main fuse links SBF-3, and SBF-7. Both are independent of the actual ignition circuit.

*Mike ---- N.B.

It would be interesting to learn as to which fuse, when removed, causes the ABS unit noise to cease. This information would allow the investigative process to be advanced somewhat.

Sub circuit fuse No 19, (20 Amp.), supplies the ABS control circuitry, which includes a relay. Main fuse SBF7, ( 30 Amp,), directly supplies the hydraulic motor, via control contacts on a second relay.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!