View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 07:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
For Huck: Thanks for everything! You are a heck of a nice guy. I made it home last night around 8:30. Took my time and made several stops along the way including one for a short nap (started falling asleep about half-way through). She seemed to just eat up the miles. I got to know her finer points and made a mental punch list of all the things I need to do to her to get her in fine shape. That grabby clutch got really bad near the end of the trip. I stopped in Harrisburg, PA for a bite and a stretch and she was almost undrivable when pulling out in first. No matter what technique I used she just bucked and shook something fierce. If I tried to bring up the RPMs and slip her nice the local Honda boys thought I wanted to race. LOL Once she was rolling all was good though. I am going to look into replacing the engine mounts ASAP to stop all the shaking. No need to worry though, I will take good care of her.

For you others: Huck's RS will be a fine car once he gets it sorted out. His XT6 is awesome! He let me drive it a bit, then he took the wheel and showed me what she really can do. All it needs is more HP and it will be a serious butt-whoopin' car! We need to convince him to follow through with putting an SVX 3.3 in it like he has thought about.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.