View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
First off, how did you get the codes for the C/E light? My light comes on randomly about once every couple weeks. Generally stays on a few minutes and then disappears.

It did stay on constant after I had a bad oil change right before FCII. They had spilled some oil and I got advice from Kim and her bf that the light was probably because the O2 sensor had oil on the wire. I wiped it off and the light went away. They warned me that I would probably need to replace them though as gas mileage may go down.

It hasn't gone down that much, but could be better I'm thinking and I'm pretty sure they have never been replaced, I know for a fact they haven't for the last 60,000 miles for sure. Seems like a cheap enough thing to replace just for piece of mind... provided it is done by oneself.

Stephen in OR did both a while back and told me how. He claimed it was a 10 minute job. This might be a fun thing to try at the tech meet on the 3rd, at the very least if someone does it everyone else can watch for future reference.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...