View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Ok guys, let me tell you something, even if it is off-topic. You see that it is impossible and maybe I am nuts stating that an engine or a tranny swap might cost from 50-100$ as labor, but believe me it is true. I wish there were other members from my country in this forum who confirm that.

We are struggling with 60 billion dollars debt over here, wages are low and most people do not afford to pay big bucks to fix their cars. So that opened the road towards competition which drove prices waaaaay down, and in consequence, Labor.

When our Billionaire Ex prime minister was killed this past February, our economy got worse, all businesses froze and a lot went bankrupt. Manual labor businesses were the first and most to be affected from that thing. Some were even content just to reach a $15 average per day just to be able to purchase food.

I know nobody will believe me, but this is a fact. I do not want to lie about it... If you do not believe me, I can pretent I am paying $200 for example for labor just to make you feel better...

Ok give me an idea, how can I prove it to you?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.