View Single Post
Old 06-23-2001, 09:49 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Like I said the whole procedure really ins't that difficult, just takes some time. I did it over a course of a couple days, after work, and before the sun went down. I would think the entire thing took me about 3 hours or so, maybe 4 (can't really remember). It would be beneficial for you to have 2 people there. It makes some things quite a bit easier (ie taking off your main pulley, and holding the belt in place when you are getting it lined up). The water pump prob took me about 30-35 min (mostly due to a stubborn gasket), really worth the extra time due to how much of a pain it would be later. I had to do mine as the engine was overheating, the timing belt was actually a side effect of doing the pump!

All in all, there isn't much of a how-to that could be written about it. Just take off everything that covers your access to the belt. Seems to me there wasn't anything in particular aside from all the pulleys/belts, radiator, and the 3 piece belt cover.

The one and only SVX repair manual I have been able to find (Chilton I think) however it actually covers like 5 Subaru cars. It was really no help except that is had the required torque of a couple bolts. You may want to pick it up, it's like $15.

If you have any issues, I can drive over to my dead SVX (tranny) and pop the hood. Maybe I can try to step by step descibe it for you.

Ryan