View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: Need Help With Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post
Previous owner records show he did "Cam Plugs" when he did the timing belt tensioner. is that the same thing?

The box of parts got with the car included 2 cam seals and a crank seal that he didn't use. How many cam seals are on the car, 4?

Yeah I was on this page:
http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...ategory=013-A1

But I don't see anything that says Seals or gaskets.
Is it the washer set (part 3)?

These are the Cam Seals that were in the box of parts I got with the car. I looked up the model number on the subaruparts site but its not their part number.

http://www.bestvalueautoparts.com/it...RNLEY&weight=3

It says 1996-1996, is this part even compatible with my 92?

Edit:
lhopp77 thanks for the info and the part number. I didn't see your post until i posted this.
First let me be very clear--I do not claim to be a highly qualified SVX mechanic even though I do a lot of work on my SVXs. But, I have access to parts manuals and shop manuals.

There are 2 cam seals and 2 cam plugs on our engines. The intake cams get plugs and the exhaust cams (with the timing belt sprockets) get seals.

What most of us generally call the crank seal is actually the oil pump seal which mounts IN the oil pump on the front of the crank. The front of the crank goes through the oil pump.

Again, in my opinion crank and cam seals are things to replace ONLY when doing the timing belt UNLESS there are significant leaks.

Part numbers:

Intake cam plugs (2): 807045030
Exhaust cam seals (2): 806732050
Oil Pump Seal (1): 806733010

Note: Subaru part numbers do change, but if you type in these numbers any changes should be reflected.

I cannot comment on aftermarket seals other than I did not have good luck with aftermarket hub seals. They did not fit correctly, so I will ONLY buy Subaru seals.

Leee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 03-19-2010 at 09:16 AM.