View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
...it's a funny coincidence but as I type this, a good friend of mine is informing me that his 2000 Protege with just under 60k blew a head gasket today.
i guess you're right - American cars really are better becuase your buddy's import blew a head gasket. what the hell was i thinking!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
You don't believe in the country you live in? That's pretty bad. Maybe you should move to Japan if you love their cars so much. I know that when I am driving around in my Trans Am that guys in Preludes, Supras, S4s, M3s, are all thinking that my car is just worthless and not even worthy of being called a sports car. Well I prove these people wrong every day - When I can outrun their car, pay less to get mine fixed, and still get equal or even better gas mileage. Not to mention I can be proud in knowing I did all of this in a machine built by the country I love.
that's beautiful, man. <wipes tears>
i believe in America, but when i'm spending in excess of $10,000 on a car, i like to get the best my money can buy in terms of quality, performance, and looks. i served in the military, so i think i've done my patriotic duty. i hope you use an American made computer, TV, VCR, and stereo, too, because otherwise you'd be downright un-American! sure, i'd love to have a car with cheap-ass parts that you can buy anywhere. why do i pay more for harder to come by parts? i guess i'm just an idiot. oh wait, its because i'd rather spend my time driving my car than replacing cheap parts every weekend. i've been there, done that. i've owned more domestic cars than imports, and i wish i would have tried imports a lot sooner. i may not have the pride of driving a machine built in the country i love, but i do have the pride in knowing i didn't throw my money away on another rattle trap.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)