Thread: Rust Proofing
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 07:53 PM
94 SVX LSI Teal

Registered SVX
Re: Rust Proofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY View Post
There is a huge dealer network in Canada for both Krown and Rust Check which also has head office run outlets. I'm talking dealer applied product, not cans of spray bomb. They also offer a repair warranty to the value of the car if has been done annually from the time it was put into service, for what thats worth.

They are not petroleum product.

That said, for me, it's my experience over time and the fact that if you speak with body shops and mechanics in these parts they are virtually all in agreement that vehicles treated with these two products have much better body and undercarriage integrity than those that aren't.

It is also interesting to note that they will not treat some cars (e.g. newer Saabs) or only partially spray them, as they work with the car manufactures to determine correct application methods for each model which will not damage the vehicle.
( In the case of Saab their electricals are routed in such a way that insertion of the spray wands may cause damage.)
Krown is supposed to be a very very good product. I plan to get both my SVX and my wife's Legacy KROWNED this fall. My friend runs a very large collision repair franchise and he swears by KROWN.
all stock and likely staying that way for now
1981 Datsun 280zxturbo summer toy