View Single Post
Old 05-08-2001, 09:52 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Name consensus?

It seems we're moving toward a consensus of the name being SVX World Network; sounds good to me.

Organizational considerations. I feel it is time to move toward establishing some formal structure for the club. This means things such as some club officials, an address, establishing a checking account to receive dues and contributions, etc. To me, this suggests a steering committee of some sort to deal with these issues, and arrive at some sort of proposal. Perhaps, by default, the people posting to this thread constitute that committee. Or perhaps we can select a smaller group to meet by e-mail or chat, and offer some concrete proposals. In whatever way it is accomplished, I think there needs to be a group identified by name, and charged with the following tasks as a minimum:
1. Establishing an official mailing address.
2. Establishing a bank account.
3. Dealing with the question of incorporation and registration.
4. Identifying an initial slate of officers. On a side note to this: While I personally think Randy might be an excellent choice for a president, advancing anyone's name at this time seems premature. (See the "Randy" thread.) I think there sould be a complete slate of officers presented. The most important first officer might actually be the treasurer, or at least someone appointed to be an interim treasurer. This person, in my view, must be bonded. There are also persons for the board of directors to be identified. And before anyone's name is put forth, I think there should be some discussion with that person as to their willingness to serve, and some resumes presented.
5. Devising a mechanism to identify who are the members. This is not necessarily the same group as the people who are registered on this board. It may be that the members are those that come forth with dues, in which case we are back to points 2 and 4., plus having to decide on initial dues.
6. Devising a way of putting proposals to the members for a vote.

I think it's time to move to the next step, that of putting at least a skeletal organization in place, and soliciting members. So, how does everyone think that will best be accomplished? The people that post to this thread are the ones that are going to do it, so, let's do it.

On another note: I've never received any response to my queries to the Delorean and Avanti clubs as to how they got their organizations started.

Just my thoughts.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.