View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Tofu

Just when you think you're out....

....they pull you back in!!!

Yeah, I bought another SVX, another '92, pearl white (the whole body this time! woo!).

106K on the clock, decent shape, only three problems.

Someone stole the stereo and speakers while it was on the dealer's lot. Whatever, that's replaceable.

The driver's window switch doesn't work. It feels spongy, and won't click with a positive action like a normal switch would. Probably just the switch itself, I'm hoping.

The tilt function doesn't work. The full release lever that you use to get in and out of the car works, but the lever you use to adjust the tilt doesn't work.

Other then that the car is very nice, good paint, unfaded headlight covers, transmission, brakes, bearings are all good, the wheels are all pointing the correct direction.

It has an aftermarket exhaust, but I don't know what it is. It has two oval size outlets, and it's a bit loud - you can defenitely hear it when you step on the throttle, but at idle and cruise it's pretty quiet.

Anyhow, here's to hoping my second round of SVX ownership is better then the first (I ended up trading it in on a BMW 7 Series because of the endless list of problems).