View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Ben and I have a 92 that is fairly well gutted weighing in at about 2700. We still have an auto box, so you could deduct about 100 if you use a 5 speed, but I've been told that the 6 speed weighs about the same as an auto.

We still have all the non-moveable glass in place, with plans to replace it with Lexan/plexi in the future.

We have maintained SVX front struts with Koni inserts and H&R springs from an Impreza. The main obstical with finding alternates for the front is that the sway bar attaches to the front tube. If you can weld a mounting point to another strut or develop an alternate sway bar set up, you'd be golden. In the rear we did some modifications to allow the fitment of Impreza stuts in place with H&R springs and the SVX top mounts.

SVXfiles has developed a big brake kit that I got to try out the other day. Very impressive, contact him about that. I'll be looking into it for the racer soon...

Frame wise, we haven't started trimming anything structural yet. We are waiting for the installation on the cage. We also hope to get one of the fiberglass racing hoods as soon as finances allow. With the hood, and replacement of the glass, we should be close to 2500.

There is a link to the racer in my signature.