Thread: Servicing Items
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 05:48 PM

Earthworm,

Thanks for the advice but perhaps I should have explained myself better in my post. I have a UK spec SVX but a US Owner's Manual; I know that our gearboxes differ from yours and I wondered if this difference extended as far as the fluids that they use. Plus the US fluids have to cope with a far more varied level of temperature and environment than our cars in the UK do. This goes for engine oil also and any other viscous fluids.

I was hoping really that other British owners would be able to advise me on makes and grades of oil that they have had particular success with.

I hoped too that I could be pointed in the right direction as to what spark plugs to buy. Standard, platinum-tipped or one of these high performance Splitfire types.

Other advice would be quality non-dealer oil filters and air filters such as Fram that I could use or maybe avoid.

I don't want to pay main dealer prices for Subaru service items if something better and cheaper exists.

'96 Subaru SVX (111K) - UK spec
'85 Opel Monza GSE (71K)
'86 Opel Monza GSE (95K)
'93 Toyota Estima Lucida (37K) - JDM import

My psychiatrist says I'm suffering from paranoia........but he's always hated me!!!