Thread: Rebuilt Tranny
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 09:59 AM
Scottsubarus

If anyone needs to have their automatic transmission replaced and are located in the midwest (Ne, Ia,Ks,Mo) You should check out Certified Transmission www.certifiedtransmissions.com
I work for Certified, they are one of a handful of companies that Remanufacture not just rebuild the transmission. I saw a transmission for a 95 SVX in our reman center in Omaha and asked the builder what had failed, he said diffo exploded, and forward clutches burnt.In anycase the core was bad and not buildable. Curious (because my son just purchased a 92 SVX) I called the retail store manager in Kansas City to see what the job was going to retail out at. Reman transmission (includes reman converter) fee for bad core, and install was $2,700. I don't know what warranty the end user wanted, 12/12 24/24 or 5/50. Anyway knowing what all goes into a reman vers a rebuilt unit I thought the guy was getting a heck of a deal!

So it might pay to ck out Certified if you live near one of the retail stores OR we sell world wide....but only to repair shops or distributers in select markets.

Scott