Old 07-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji
Hi Joe, Phil and every one else...
I've been holding off for some time now before making my mind up over the JAE show, and I'm sad to say I will have to give it a miss this time due to building work going on at home and a wedding in Cyprus..........and belive me, I know where I would rather be!!
I feel bad letting the side down as I know the SVX owners being a small goup of 'die hards' need all the support going.
Although last year was my first time at the JAE, the folk I met there were 'top poeple', and what a laugh too...anyone reading this who are going for the first time.....trust me, you wont be disapointed! and are made most welcome.
My own SVX is going ok for now, back box starting to make a rattle and sucking air so will have to replace soon......oh, out of curiosity, my SVX was starting to slip out of second when on light throttle, so after searching the net for clues I dumped the Smallcar quick shift I had fitted and cleaned out the TPS with electrical cleaner.....so far (touching wood) no more problems.
A quick question while I'm here, I'm fast aprpoaching the 90k mark and will be needing to put it in for the service which inc timming belt etc, whats the going cost I should expect for this?
For all those going to the JAE, have a good'un and if not before, see you next year....
John from Scotland...

Hi John

I can't help you with the service costs, I don't know English prices.

Hard luck you can't make it!! I'm just going to have to drink all that single malt myself, won't I? Or myself and Phil. Or Phil and Angie and Brett.?

Errr, OK, enjoy the wedding, we will have to muddle through!
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl