Thread: A little O/T
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I
Ok not a car related Tech complaint. Heres a few though.

Customer walks in and says "What can you tell me about these 2 motherboards?"
Me"What would you like to know"
Customer" Well I don't really know, what's the difference between this one(points) and that one(points)"
Me"Well one of them is a mini board and one is a full size, also the mini board has video, sound, and netowrk onboard, the other one only has sound."
Customer"Oh, so which one has better video?"
Me"Sir, only one has video onboard."
Customer"Oh, ok well I'm looking for a board that has video and sound, so why don't you sell me the fullsized one."
Me"No sir, that board doesn't have video onboard"
Customer"I know but I want onboard video."

Customer walks in and goes to look at our scanners.
Salesman "Can I help you with anything"
Customer "Yeah, what kind of paper do these scanners use?"

Customer walks in with a system we recently repaired and he is pissed off, he claims that we repaired his Compaq computer and switched all the parts out with parts we had in the back and stole his. He claims that we stole his Athlon Slot 1 gig and replaced it with an 850 Athlon then hacked into his bios and made it read out 1 gig on startup. He went on yelling and screaming about how we have a crack team of hackers in the back set up specifically just to screw people out of their parts.

Before I got hired I came in for an interview once, I was waiting until the sales manager was done helping out a customer so that I could talk to him. He was helping an older man in a long black tenchcoat. I don't remember what he was trying to buy but it went something like this.

Sales"Ok sir that will be ** dollars and ** cents"
Man"I will give you two bottlecaps"
Sales"I'm sorry sir we do not accept botle caps as payment here"
Man"But the bottle caps are blue, blue is good, I'll give you 2 bottle caps for it"
Sales"No sir, I can not accept that as payment-
Man"I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER! IF YOU DO NOT GIVE ME THESE ITEMS I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. THIS IS B*** SH**
WHAT KIND OF AN OPERATION ARE YOU RUNNING HERE?!!!"
then he went stomping out the door.

Anyway, that's just a few of the fun people I get to deal with almost every day. I really don't get paid enough for what I do.
I'd add my own to that list, but I don't think my hands could handle the typing.