Thread: Muzak?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Started in kindergarten with the piano. I played that through 5th grade with many upon many lessons. I also kinda got sick of the music, and in 5th graded picked up a clarinet... It came fairly easily to me, and i've since played bass, alto, contra and sopranino's... However, in 6th grade I purchased my saxophone... and that really is my current musical endeavor.

I've played since then, with placing a heavy emphasis on jazz/blues. My sax of choice is the alto, however I also have a tenor and soprano that i play fairly regularly. Some friends and I got together my senior year of highschool and put together a little jazz combo with bass, piano, drums and myself on sax (the pianist also had mad vocal skills)

I kinda miss playing in a group. The jazz band at my college is umm, kind of lacking (its a small engineering school)
I'd really like to learn guitar also.. however for some reason because of the semi opposite movement of hands related to pitch (move hand up, lower notes, vs sax, move hands "down" lower tone) I haven't really put that much effort into it.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker