View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: What would you do with $500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Well, my delimma is that I don't really want to compromise the ride quality by going with coilovers/etc... I love how the car handles/rides now, but I wouldn't mind if it were just slightly lower. I would consider springs now and wait on Konis as I can do them anytime.
Doing the springs and konis at one time will save you time taking it all apart and putting it back together again.

Quote:
Also, I've wanted to update my grille for a long time, so I forgot to mention that I'll be going with a smallcar grille for sure or a genuine '97 grille. (if I can find one)
I'd consider the grille very much worthwhile. Ditching the "waterfall" grille goes miles toward making our cars more modern looking.

Quote:
I like the ideas you fellows are giving me. I think I will go with springs for now. I'd really like to have the car turboed before next winter, but I think I have plenty of time to spare until then. I'll just quietly amass parts until that happens.
I'd like some more info on what parts you'll be amassing What springs are you going to go with?

Quote:
Also you guys, be on the lookout for front swaybar endlinks from me soon. They'll be just as beefy as the rears I sell, but will be for the front! Would you fellows be interested in something like that?
Yes. How much would you guesstimate they'd cost? I won't hold you to it, just curious. Did you look into a group buy of front swaybars or did you decide they would have a crappy cost/benefit ratio?

I would also like to know about the pwr radiator, if for no reason other than to keep as a spare.