View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 PM

What would you do with $500?

So, I would just like some opinions/advice/thoughts on the matter.

I'm always up for taking the advice of someone who has gone before me, so here is my question.

I have a few hundred extra dollars this month as something got eliminated from my budget, and I'm just looking for advice on how to make my money go the furthest, as I would like to spend it on the SVX. I know what I would LIKE to do, so I'm just curious if what I want to do actually makes sense.

Current mods/up and coming mods (I already have parts, ready for install) include:

ECUtune 1v5
perrin lightweight pulley
BontragerWorks CAI
Phenolic spacers
Gutted main cat
BontragerWorks 2.5" cat-back exhaust
4.11 VTD trans swap, 4.11 LSD, ECUtune VB, ECUtune TCU, trans cooler (up and coming, likely this spring)
lowered front of car 3/4"
BontragerWorks 22mm RSB
drilled/slotted rotors
SS brakelines
ceramic pads
+other random stuff

And that's pretty much everything of consequence.

Now, here's what I'd LIKE to do.

Obviously, the next big thing going in the car is the trans. I wanted to keep it auto, and (long story short) decided to go with a 4.11 VTD trans. No, don't try to talk me out of that, I've already spent too much (actually, not really) but it's the next big thing for sure. Plus I always like to award myself points for individuality.

Future plans include turbocharging, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go the ECUTune 2v7 route for engine management. I'm not looking for a ridiculous amount of power, and I've heard good things about it. I've already acquired the MAF, so I just need injectors and the new computer.

Is there something else that will benefit my car more than the 2v7 will at this moment in time? I like to think that getting it now would be good because it will maybe free up a few more ponies (hard to say) but more importantly I will be more ready for a turbo when the time comes.

Should I invest in suspension? There really aren't many choices there unless I go custom. (which I have not eliminated) I want a well balanced car, is something amiss, you who have been down this road?

My main goal for the year is run a 14 second 1/4 mile all motor. Current best is 15.4 before my intake. I think with upcoming mods this should be easy.

So, my thoughts are... should I go ahead and get the 2v7? Yay or nay?

Is there another way you recommend I spend my dollars?

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 02-22-2010 at 10:09 PM.