View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger
i pay $1680 AU a year for it, i have to pay $450 for this claim, so a repaint = $3000ish, and removal of dints = $1000ish??

anyways, i hate paying insurance, but now its kinda paid off

i still need ideas if i should change the colour! i want to go with a high gloss black, but not sure..

thanks for the compliments on the pics.. if ya want some fullsize(4mp camera) throe me an email

cheers
Gid'ay mate, I'v allways had nightmares of being caught in a hail storm in the SVX, ever since I saw Yoda 3000's car that was totaled by hail . At least the glass was not damaged. I would just get it repaired and repainted in the same colours. The tri colour are as rear as hen's teeth. If you change the colour, there will allways be some of the orignal colour some where to tell it was resprayed, under the bonnet, in the boot, under the dash. I would discount a car that was resprayed, as it may denote rust, damage, ect.

Dark colours look the best when clean, mine is Bordeaux Pearl looks great, but I live 2k down a dirt road frrom the hi-way the smallest amount of dust sticks out like 'dogs things'. The silver Liberty we have doesn't show the dust at all.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.

Last edited by oab_au; 09-12-2005 at 06:34 PM.