View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

Hey Tony,

Sure it's possible but you're talking about either changing wiring harnesses or making wiring harness adapters. I wouldn't encourage anyone to do that unless they had a dire need to. It's likely the obd2 control units are flashable and it's likely someone will figure out how to do it someday.

I hate to see the desire for obd2 support overshadow what is available for the obd1 cars. I certainly understand why someone who has an obd2 svx would want to be able to use the ECUtuner software and it's completely possible I can make the ECUtuner software support it. Unfortunately I don't have time to look into it right now. I don't have the 97 factory service manual update book to even look at the wiring schematic. I don't have a select monitor II. I don't have a 97 SVX or access to one. And when I do get time to turn my attention back to the ECUtuner software I will want to finish the table editing and emulation functionality before considering looking into supporting obd2 SVXs.

So while I understand and sympathize with the obd2 owners wanting this kind of thing for their cars and even encourage you to work towards that end you guys need to take the task upon yourselves. If I were you i'd start your own thread in the engine managment section of mod mania. Get the applicable parts of the wiring schematic from the 96 and or 97 fsm update books posted. Look into the interfaces and software people are using on other obd2 SVXs..etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Mike,

If working on OBD2 versions of stuff is impractical, how about taking an OBD2 car and swapping out both the ECU and TCU to the earlier versions with your updated chips? Is that possible?