Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
TiPSy

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
Joe,

Your experience and comments regarding driving the the SVX in respect of gear ratios, the aoto response and power mode are exactly in line with mine.

Driven in D and without the power button activated it is an old man's car.
There is no fun to be had other than with power the power mode button activated and 3 selected. Otherwise as you say, it drives like any other car stuck in overdrive. D is a very tall gear and kills it. However in point of fact it is an overdrive and should be treated as such and should have been marked as such. The sins of poor economy no doubt coloured the thinking.

I have always been critical in respect of throttle response as you are and because of this have recently removed, checked, cleaned and reset the TPS on my car. Although I found little wrong, I think (?) there is an improvement but am not sure until I have another good open road trip. The last one got me a ticket by the way.

Setting the TPS accurately in accordance with the instructions in the manual is not practical and more or less impossible but I have a way of doing this if you are interested.
Trevor, I would be very glad of any information you have on setting or cleaning the TPS, and thank you for offering.

My Ballistic Plum is coming up on 100k miles, and the TPS is acting funny. This may be in empathy with the driver, but I have my excuses. If I do not manage to make worthwhile improvement to it, I will have to bite the bullet and fit a new one soon.

Obviously don't want to bite the bullet, as I don't have an unleaded head.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl