View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Re: Who's driving with original parts?

Hi everyone, Yes the tranny god dumped on my transmission a while back. Nothing new there. However in preparation for our trip to Washington State to see Earl last summer, I had all the pulleys and the like replaced in the front of the engine. I also had the TPS and throttle cable replaced. And surprise, the car ran much better. Everything seemed much crisper and seat of the pants quicker. I was quite surprised. I also had new ignition wires put in. Any of these things might have had an effect in improving performance. While I had the transmission out I sent the Radio/CD player out to Panasonic and had them look it over and fix whatever they could and clean it up. The thing we all tend to forget is that some items on and in a car will die of old age. Not just from high miles. Take a look at your seats and transfer that vision to all the other items in the car. Well enough of this thinking cap stuff. I'm off to do some shopping. The high temp today is going to be around 17 degrees. Take care, BOBB