View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Re: ProTorque Torque Converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Considering the 4.44 trans, I would venutre to say it would not be worthwhile. With the stock 3.545 gearing it may be worth it though

Tom

Hey Tom,

You know how I am when I get my mind on something. Would you be willing to be my 'master installer' if/when I get this done? I think you may be pleasantly surprised. If you don't mind, just report the before and after in a new thread if/when I get it done.....if you could. I will put up the thread. Your opinion means a lot to a lot of folks here. I can talk to ProTorque on the specifics though.

I do value the opinions and guidance from folks here though. Was wondering how many have actually done it though on an SVX and their thoughts.

Also Tom.....why do you say with the 4.44's it would not be worthwhile? I did notice that with the intake, off idle 'oomph' did seem to slow down a bit. I tried to help this with the undersized pulley but I am running 19" wheels (taller gear ratio) as well. So the cams, taller sidewall and intake may be fighting with my off idle torque somewhat. Just tossing around some ideas but if no-one has really done this or dabbled in this area......it makes me REALLY want to do it.

BTW: Is our torque converter at all similar to the 2.5RS, Legacy and/or the WRX torque converters?
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-01-2009 at 09:32 PM.