View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:48 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyBob View Post
Really...I'm not interested in doing this as a business. Part of my problem is I'm quite A.D.D., so I really enjoy doing the one-off type of work. But repeatedly doing the same stuff gets old with me very quickly, as well as taking it's toll on me physically (carpal tunnel, deafness, metal in my eyes, etc. from porting heads).

However I have no issues with someone else...oh say, maybe someone in NJ who is in the SVX business, applying what I'm learning to his own business plan, and making money from it. Welcome to the USA.

If I wanted to keep it 'secret', I'd never have posted about it to begin with. So IMO, all you guys are more than welcome to whatever knowledge can be extracted from my experiments.
How about this Bob... You collaborate with Tom on getting to the point to beable to replicate what you do to your test engines. Tom is (from what I've heard) a great SVX mechanic and I'd trust him to build me an engine off of directions given by you. That is if I just can't be bothered to do it myself ... If I have a garage, lift, jacks and all the tools I'll need then in about 2 years I'll be doing this myself... If not then I'll be paying someone else to do it... And while they do that, I'll be swapping in a 6MT to handle the power ...

What I'm saying Bob is that if you don't wan to make a business outta doing these NA engines, maybe Tom would want to work with you and make it easier on you... Like he said, you are doing things with the engine that I was dreaming about 5 years ago, but had no idea of how to get there... Now I see that it might actually be a reality

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...