View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
What ever you do, enginemanagement is an much need thing to look at. That is were LANs system is so good. It provides not only everything to install the S/C, but also larger fuel injectors, a better MAF for metering the air and the fuel and timing maps to run it all.

As for S/C verses turbo, what your asking for with the lowend torque and power, a roots or twinscrew S/C system is your best bet. In order to get the lowend your looking at you would need to run a small turbo, which would not do much in the upper reaches. LANs system uses a whipple twinscrew supercharger which makes boost off the line with no lag and simply pumps more are to hold the boost pressure as RPMs increase. Even a Vortec style supercharger doesnt do alot for you at lower RPMs, because the compress has to be turning at a certain RPM before it can start to build pressure.

I've always looked at it this way. If you want big numbers at the peak, use a big turbo or Vortec S/C. If you want a nice wide powerband with a smooth delievery you want a roots or twinscrew. The Roots are cheaper, but less effiecent and cant boost as high as a twinscrew. Much of what I'm saying can be found in the ECUTune Stage III development thread. I have a stage III on my SVX. I've also owned a 91 Eclipes turbo and currently am playing with a Conquest TSi. My SVX with the StageIII twinscrew system is much tammer than my stock Eclipse was. And the SVX has nearly twice the power.