View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 05:44 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Thought about that... However I have never messed with the steering system before other than adding fluid... Possibly I should do the O-ring and bleed the system??
Have come back here as requested in your other thread. Is the kickback related to power steering do you think, or is it a direct reaction from the wheels/tyres? If it is the latter, you should think about the tyres rolling on the rims. Wide tyres on standard rims are a no no. Best for what you are doing is tyres on wider rims than specified, so as to straighten up the sidewalls. I presume you are running pressures much higher than spec, especially at the front.

I do not pretend to have all the answers but the above may assist to jog your thought processes. Cheers

Edit, P.S. Are your rack mounts spongy ? One of the first things I would do is fit solid rack mounts and it surprises me that those offering special bits have not come up with something. Patterns for replacements should not represent a significant capital outlay.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 05-10-2006 at 06:25 PM.