View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 12:49 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Steering Wheel feedback???

ALright guys, I was planning on posting this up but I totally forgot about it after the last AutoX... Alright here is what is going on...

The car feels GREAT on the AutoX courses that I have run... The only problem is on some of the slower (around 30mph~ish) turns, the steering wheel would kick back rather hard... It is EXTREMLY annoying when you are trying to be smooth through the turns... Anyone have a clue as to what this is??? I'm not all that worried about the car as a daily driver because I don't drive it everyday.. Infact, I probably drive it once or twice a week... I am only wondering what would cause a kickback like that...

What I was thinking is it is a "normal" response of the car's powersteering trying to "keep up with a quick input"... I have no clue though.. All I know is that it is annoying and that if it wasn't there I could have probably taken as much as 2 seconds off of my run time on the last course... Any thoughts guys??

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...