View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 02:25 AM
SVX Appeal

Yes, I tried going through all the gears. I even put it in second and put it in manual mode, which should force it to stay in second all the time. ...no luck. Incidentally, it'll do 55 in first.

I still have some things to check on the current transmission. I haven't had time to look at it yet, but I wonder if the gear selector switch may be bad. If the switch is stuck in first, that would explain why there are no codes. I'll disconnect the TCU, as that should make it default to third gear, which will tell me if the problem is mechanical or electrical.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up pitching the spare transmission. It looks like it's seen better days. I'll have to give it a good once-over before I do, but the prognosis doesn't look good.

I'm not really looking for a manual transmission. I strongly prefer that this engine continue to use an automatic. Does anybody have a complete list of all the internal changes that the 4EAT underwent over the years?

Also, this car has three driver's-side wheels and only one passenger-side wheel. Anybody have the opposite problem that wants to trade? I'll post this question elsewhere, but I thought I'd throw it out there.