View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 02:04 AM
SVX Appeal

Yeah, I thought having an actual center differential was pretty cool too. I can't think of any reason why the clutch in the VTD would require different input than the transfer clutch in the SVXs. Perhaps it might require less input, but I would think the clutches would be sized accordingly, so even that might not be an issue. If it causes me any troubles, I'll just disconnect it and ignore the power light.

I think what I'm most concerned about is if there is anything physically different, such as being longer or having a different bell-housing, or different starter motor mount, etc.. If the WRX transmission does not have all the same inputs and outputs, (i.e., the same wheel speed sensor, temperature sensor, three shift solenoids, and three duty solenoids,) that could be a hassle, but I should be able to work around that. I'll find a wiring diagram and compare.

That would be cool having the VTD.

Has anybody done this swap?

Also, it was raining cats, dogs, and livestock today. I love all-wheel-drive! Powerslides are sooooo much more fun when the rear follows suit.

Last edited by UberRoo; 05-28-2004 at 02:10 AM.