Thread: Pics of my SVX
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSides
PLEASE!!! The only criteria for mounting SVX wheels is that the wheels with the raised letter "L" should be mounted on the LEFT side of the car. Wheels with no markings should be mounted on the RIGHT side of the car. This is why two of your wheels have the raised letter "L" markings.
Preston
I got in an argument with a guy in a junk yard over this once. I had to wait two hours for them to get the wrong wheel after I drove over a hour and a half and it was supposed to be waiting in the office when I got there . They had a whole day to get to it too It took me a total of about 10 hours over 2 days just to get a wheel!

I was very specific about the L mark and the fact that it was a left hand side wheel, and they just ignored my instruction. When they finally brought it out and it was a right hand wheel, I got a little frustrated and the guy acted like I was an idiot explaining to me that all four wheels are the same on cars, they just look different on each side... The next day I came back in the SVX and had him give me a demonstration of this... "oh, well I guess ours just had 4 right wheels on it.." He went on to say they actually had a "second SVX" in the back that may have the correct wheel if I could wait 10 minutes. Funny how it actually did only take 10 minutes and just 20 hours prior to that he only had one with four right wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JJ-
Since its been off the road i have installed a 4 pass trans cooler and had my ugly black centercaps (of the mags) resotred to the original silver
Looks great! ...what is the big "P" for? I would guess it is a parking pass, but it is just way too big.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?