View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 10:36 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by sfsvx

Wouldn't that make the MPG go DOWN?

I gotta admit I'm a little tired of all this SUV bashing. I've had two Explorers, and appreciated every second of being able to carry family, luggage, bags of mulch, ski gear, furniture, bikes, dogs, family and luggage and ski gear and dogs, lumber, wheelbarrows, barbecue grills, plants, tools, etc., and tow trailers, cars, motorcycles, and espresso carts (don't ask).

Not everybody buys an SUV as a lifestyle statement, and some SUVs actually get used as trucks AND cars. Try putting seven people (or even five) comfortably in a Legacy.

Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

I'm done.

How many SUV owners actually haul people and load? I used to drive a Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero) here when I was in Middle East. Great car for the climate and location.

Tell me how many people actually use the car for it's purpose? I love SUVs. But look at most of them, they are only carrying one person. How is that for a nice usage of natural resources? 15 mpg for one person.

I actually want my hands on a Toyota LandCruiser one of these days. Or a Hummer version 1 when I can afford it although hummer is not really a SUV.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!