View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
....It's a MAJOR pita. Basicly, it's screwed in from behind. It's done BEFORE the dash is put in, so reaching the screws is nearly impossible. Although, if you have one of them funky L shaped screwdriver things, you might be able to get at it. Your best bet is to pull the gauge cluster and all the dash instruments (You'll probly have them out for color change anyways) and unbolt the center section from the rest of the dash. there's two big bolts behind the gauge cluster, one screw nder the ash tray, and two screws attached to small brackets behind the gauge cluster that hold it to the main dash. Dont forget the 6 screw that hold it to the metal bracket underneath the swooshy shaped plastic cover things under/between the dash and center console. Before removing, I advise you take some white-out and make hash marks, so you can re-align it properly

Sounds about as complicated as it is...but assuming your radio wiring is in good order, it really wont take more than a half an hour to get everything apart
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten