View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 11:01 PM

Registered SVX
I would suggest that everyone wait for Brian to complete some experiments but if you are in a hurry purchase a 470 ohm 5 watt wire wound resistor from an electronic store ( say 50 cents worth ).

Leave the the pressure switch connected as per shift kit instructions. Connect the resistor, one end to the green / red lead from the TCU to the dropping resistor ( i.e. the one that does not go to the switch ) and the other end to the green / yellow lead going from the switch to the solenoid. ( i.e. the one which does not go to the resistor )

With this arrangement 470 ohms is in circuit with the TCU and the solenoid at all times and should in the experience of AFBeefcake stop a fault signal. The very small current and signal still being passed to the solenoid should have little if any effect on solenoid operation and therefore line pressure. If this does not stop fault indication try 220 ohms and you may as well purchase one with the 470 to save time.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!