View Single Post
Old 07-24-2001, 11:47 AM
Headed to Texas...

Re: Snowshoe II location?

Quote:
Originally posted by svxcess
Is there any place inbetween Snowshoe and Harper's Ferry? While I liked the intamacy of a small meet and the enjoyment of being out in beautiful country, I realize that we limit the number of SVX'ers who can attend.

However, having been at Harper's ferry during the peak season, with all its tourists and traffic congestion, I would prefer a place a little less hecticand more reminiscent of the original meet. ( Aredub doubts he will make it there; its a day's drive for him just to get to Snowshoe and Harper's Ferry would be a overnighter just to get there.
Excellent point, John.
To answer the question, yes - there are places - although I don't think any of them would fall into the Harper's Ferry category, meaning a LOT of things to do, visit and see. They would be more of the Snowshoe category - beautiful, but secluded.
I guess that's the question that needs to be addressed - which type of spot do we want?
Personally, the "area attractions" aren't that important to me - I go mostly for the other SVXers and just to relax. I really prefer to be in the middle of nowhere! Sparsely populated roads in beautiful mountain country to drive on is more my speed.
But others have indicated a desire to see new things - and possibly attract more people.
To the rest of you who have expressed interest or are thinking about coming - what do you want?

jnj7707@yahoo.com