View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow
I think I've been spoiled by my SVX in the past as it's been nothing but reliable until the past couple months. First the radiator cracks, finally get some time to through a new one in and now i'm getting a pretty bad misfire on cylinder 4. Same conditions as the rest of you so I just need to start diagnosing spark/fuel in that cyl..

I'm just really not a fan of working on my supposedly daily driver. Especially because I just replaced all of the spark plugs and knock sensors in the past year. I REALLY hope this isn't HG related though as that would suck. The car did get up pretty hot when the rad cracked though.
Okay, I'm at a loss. replaced the coil, cured the misfire. Replaced the radiator, and there are no visible coolant leaks anywhere.

However I'm losing coolant, to the point where within 20-30 miles, I've lost almost half of a gallon, and the car starts to overheat. I don't see white smoke out of the exhaust. No coolant in the oil, No oil in the coolant, A little bit (okay, more than a little bit, but not a lot) of oil burnt on start up after the car has been driven hard, but no coolant smell. So where in the hell is my coolant going? With the proper amount of water the car holds temp perfectly, but as soon as it hits that "half gallon low" mark, the needle starts climbing.

Any ideas at all?

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker