Thread: Skiing
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 12:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Actually, I had my eyes on "Granite Mountain" located in your home town of Wausau. Looks pretty shibby, plus it isn't very far away. I have family there too, so I could stay the night. I'll PM you when I'm going this year, maybe we can meet up and go skiing, then we stare at each other's SVXs. Or something. heh.

- Rob
Actually, right now, I am in the fair village of Platteville getting an education. But, I will be in Wausau during winter holiday. Granite Peak (AKA Rib Mountain) is decent. In some magical process, the new owner has increased the vertical of the mountain so (they claim) it is taller than any other regional hill except Mt. Lutson. But, that one is way far away. Anyway, they claim something like 70 runs or whatever, but that's not really true. They're actually skiing three feet and then renaming a run or some ****. It is a decent hill, but there is a lot of hoopla going on up there. I've actually not skied it in two years so the new stuff is new to me. I think the website is www.skigranitepeak.com

Eric

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"