Thread: New CD Player
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSVXOWNER
Well, My husband looked at one that I printed out from there. And now he is all worried LOL .

Thinking I better just take it in....If he doesnt feel comfortable doing it.
I hope it was my newer installation guide that you saw -- the older one that somebody else wrote tells you to cut the antenna wires (which is not necessary). Direct link to mine: SVX Audio Installation Guide

[ADDED]: If you print mine, you'll only see the little "thumbnail" versions of the pictures. When you view the guide online, you can click them to see larger pictures. [/ADDED]

Definitely get my SVX Wiring Adaptor ('forward harness), whether you do the whole installation yourself or not.

An 18" antenna extension is the ideal length. If you can't find that then use 24".

It really isn't that difficult to do yourself. I think more of the effort is spent making sure you don't scratch up your interior and dash, something that car stereo shop installers aren't always as careful about.

If you're not comfortable connecting the wiring harneses (soldering or crimping), you might farm out that part -- the store that sells you your new radio might do that for little or no fee -- and still do the physical installation yourself.

If you get stuck, I'm always happy to answer questions.

Last edited by SVXdc; 06-29-2005 at 10:40 AM.