View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
To clarify: The wiring harness connector are different. But these Panasonic headunits are the old pull-out type (with a swing out handle). They have a cage which fits into the dash and connects to the wiring harness. Then the headunit slides into the cage. The contacts on the back of the headunit engage with contacts at the back of the cage.

What I've discovered is that the cages are identical, except for the harness connector. So the Legacy radio can be slotted into the SVX radio cage (and vice versa if you wire up the extra power pin which is missing on the Legacy radio cage).
a ha
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?