View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 10:52 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Since there's no way to add any sort of intercooler with your SC setup, have you thought about add a water injection system? There would probably be no need to pull back any timing, and you could move the a/f ratio closer to the maximum power afr. The simplest systems will trigger at a user-settable boost level and inject a constant amount of water. Even with a simple system like that, I'd bet that you could get another 30-40 HP at 9 psi.

I'd guess that you don't want to add any more cost to the system, but since your system doesn't have any user-accessible knobs on the ECU for tweaking timing and afr, it would be nice to see your system ship with something that addresses heat and is tuned to take advantage of the reduced intake charge temperatures and better burn control.

Here's a place that has very reasonably priced systems:

http://www.coolingmist.com/

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.

Last edited by mbtoloczko; 04-17-2005 at 10:54 AM.