Thread: The SVX and you
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: The SVX and you

People asked me when I got my car why I didn't just pony up for a loan and get a new car. The way I see it is, if I were to take on a financing for a car as good as this one I'd be looking at over $500 per month. Legacy GT lease/loan payments So by that logic my car is payed for in less than 6 months. I bought my SVX in June of last year, and since have put over $3k into it in ways that not only fixed problems, but enhanced the vehicle. By my formula I'm still breaking even with payments and have a car that I love more each time something breaks or wears out. I can't wait until the brakes wear out (new lines, rotors/calipers) or heaven forbid head gaskets (port/polish, camshafts). Resale isn't an issue because at almost 190k miles and climbing, I imagine I'll be this car's last owner. I don't mind keeping up with the costs of owning an SVX, but I would like to get a different daily driver. Mostly I just miss off-roading, but I'd also like to keep this baby running for as long as possible. Point being; for the money this is still the best car I can get, and if things go wrong I deal with them in a way that I don't feel I'm getting ripped off by my car.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.