Thread: I hate snow
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I bet. I'd like to try that someday.
There's always an open invitation for members to try out my car if they're willing to come to Winnipeg.

We have some weather coming our way:
Quote:
Winter storm watch for city of Winnipeg continued

Strong winds, reduced visibilities in blowing snow, rapidly falling temperatures and dangerous wind chills expected to develop Wednesday.

A developing low pressure system in Alberta will move rapidly across the Prairies over the next 36 hours. Some light snow ahead of the system will begin tonight and continue Wednesday. In the wake of the low, strong northwest winds gusting from 50 to 70 km/h will combine with fresh snow and may reduce visibilities to less than 1 kilometre in blowing snow especially in open areas. The blowing snow and poor visibilities will begin over western areas Wednesday afternoon and spread eastward through the evening. In addition the strong northwest winds will combine with temperatures in the low Minus twenties to produce wind chills in excess of minus 40 Wednesday night. The strong northerly winds, blowing snow and dangerous wind chills will continue on Thursday.

Blizzard like conditions may develop locally and this watch could be upgraded to a warning as conditions deteriorate.