View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 AM

Need help after engine reseal and cam install

It has been a while since I pulled the engine apart because I have been waiting on parts orders to get it back together.

Here is my problem and question, for the most part I believe I followed the manual when removing the valve covers, intake and exhaust cams, and heads. I did the left side first. What I remember before taking it apart was I had all my timing marks aligned, I don't remember if I did anything to the left side when removing i.e. rotating cams to a different position. When I installed the cams the slots on the end of the shaft and the cam marks were lined up as per the manual (aimed downward). Everything went together fine. I can put the pulley on the exhaust cam and my timing marks are lined up.

The right side was then removed and installed with the cam shaft slots aimed up and the alignment marks as per the manual. At this point is where I get confused. When I mount the pulley it does not line up with the timing marks. So did I do something wrong? I must have missed a step or been in a hurry. Do I have to take one or both sides apart? Can I or should I even try to rotate the crank? I don't want to damage anything but this is where I am stuck and now I have all my parts for reinstall just waiting....

Last edited by sowise; 12-03-2009 at 02:59 PM.