View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Clutch or Tranny Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY View Post
Put the Front wheel Drive fuse in and the car purrs along as if nothing is wrong.

The fluid is just about equal to the top hole in the dipstick. It is a cherry red, not bright but not dark either. It has a bit of an earthy smell but not burnt.

If you're familiar with the binding sensation of the clutches that can be cured by doing figure 8's that is the exact feeling I have when in reverse either straight or turning. More pronounced while turning. Same is true with low speed forward hard turns.

The new development is the same sensation under harder acceleration either from stop or at speed regardless of turning or going straight. It doesn't seem to be gear related although I can't say for certain if second is involved. It happens while on the highway if accelerating before it kicks down a gear and is more pronounced when it does kick down. This is why I think something may be slipping.
Since it doesnt happen in the front of the car that would lead you to the back?

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles