Thread: Police Stories
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Little different ... (of course!)

I was 18 years old, had been driving(with a license) for two years. I was coming back from a date at about 2am. In Salt Lake back in 1969 there was NO traffic after 12am. I pulled up to a stoplight. Stopped, and waited for the light to change. I waited... and waited... just looking at the light. I guess I was thinking about school and my night with the young Stephanie. So I just waited... After about 5 minutes the light changed... so.... I went through.... Not 20 yards after the intersection I saw Red Lights flashing in the rear window..(they didn’t' t change to blue until after sometime in the 70's). So I pulled over wondering what I had done. I rolled down the window as the officer came up. He asked for my license and registration (we didn't have to show proof of insurance in old day's either, it was assumed, as you signed a financial responsibility statement when you got your license). I asked him what I had done. He said, "Just wait here for a minute, son." So I waited... another 5 minutes went by. I was sweating bullets by now!.. He came back to the car and handed me my license and Reg back, and he started to write in a ticket book. Now I asked (very quietly), "Officer what did I do?" He handed me a slip of paper and said, " Son, I sat there and watched you at the stop light. While you were waiting at the light I wondered if your car had broken down or if you were just drunk or something. I called in your tags and they came back clean. I have been sitting there waiting for the repair crew to show up for almost 3 hours and watched most cars wait for a minute or two and then go through the light. Because the light is malfunctioning I haven't chased anyone down and given them a ticket. But you sat there and showed so much patience that I had to stop you and give you something that I thought I would never use. If you look at that ticket you will see it is a commendation for "Good Driving" with the incident noted." I have that "ticket" framed and on my wall right now....

Probably not the kind of story you were looking for here but still interesting.....no?
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .